Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Gwyn

March 27th, is a long time friend's birthday. He is one of those people that is always pulling something over on you. Remind me sometime to share the alligator story with all of you. I used Pat's challenge of making a window card to make his birthday card. Gwyn is an avid fisherman. The boat on the card is nothing like the boat he fishes out of, but the fish symbolizes how big the fish are that he can catch.

I made the card 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 square. I cut the window out of the base of the front of the card and the first layer of patterned paper. Then I framed the window with the negative part where I used the square nestie on solid black . I used the Cricut Sampler cartridge to cut the boat & fisherman. I adhered it to the inside of the card, where it would show through the window. The fish and water are the result of Googling for fish clip art. I printed and cut it out, adhered it to only the outside edges of the frame, so the card would still open easily. I forgot to take a picture of the inside, but I put Happy Birthday to the catch of the day, up high enough that it doesn't show through to the front part of card. It still looks a little empty, but I was afraid to add anything else, because I wanted the fish on the hook to be the vocal point. Thanks for letting me share, and again Happy Birthday, Gwyn. Don't forget to check back on Pat's blog this week to see what has already been entered and again Saturday night at 8:00 pm to see what the rest of the crowd has entered and to find out what the new challenge will be.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

So clever! I love it! I copied/saved the card into a file I have on my computer of card ideas that I like to lift. My hubby LOVES to fish, so I'll need to remember this for his b-day next year. Thanks for the inspiration!

Corina said...

Cute idea!! I love the pop of color~!

Anonymous said...

I know Gwyn will get a big kick out of this card. Its one that he will keep. Great job.*

Heather "Hev" said...

Clever use of techniques here Shelia :)

I am sure Gwyn will be very grateful :)

Anonymous said...

This is great! The blue color sets it off perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Cute idea!! I love the pop of color ..


Get More Details