Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Nerve!!!!!

The nerve of those weather reporters!!!! They are giving a winter storm warning for Friday night into Saturday. I do not understand how "you all" Northerners can stand all the cold weather and snow. I am so ready for Spring already. One good sign is that we are making Valentine Cards, so then will come the St. Patrick's Day cards, then the Easter. And Easter means SPRING!
This week at Southern Breezes, Pat's challenge was to use a stamp that isn't a valentines stamp and utilize it as one. Her example is really cute. I used a little stamp I dug around in my stamps and came up with from Inkadinkadoo. This little country angel is holding a star balloon. I masked the star and substituted some little heart stickers, and added more balloon strings. I printed Happy Valentine's Day on photo paper and then layered it all together with 3-d dots. I usually do not show the insides of my cards, but I switched the inside and front sentiments, added a MS heart sticker that I glittered by sprinkling the glitter on the sticky side and then adhering it with a glue dot. That way I didn't have to get up and find my glue. ;) Thanks for letting me share and keep your fingers crossed that the weather people are wrong with their forecast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now thats a card I would like!*

Robyn said...

Well aren't you clever! I love it!
(Pat has me stumped on this challenge!)

pam said...

love that little angel !! and the shiny hearts.....great card !

SNOW.....aarrrggggggghhhh. i hate it. we already have about 4 inches and it's coming down like crazy.....we want SPRING or at least warmer sunny days. and a lake that doesn't look like melted chocolate !

Enfys said...

Perfect! You did a fantastic job of thinking outside the box with this one, love the way you used the stamp,
big hugs
En xx