Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's On, It's On


I always welcome Ash Wednesday. Here in foothills of NC, we have Hibriten Mtn. Every Ash Wednesday the Cross is lighted. It reminds me that in about six weeks nature will start sprouting it's new spring colors. Sometimes under a blanket of snow, but at least they are sprouting. Courtesy of Frank Stevens Photography, here is a picture of the cross. Also on Thanksgiving night, the mountain lights up with A Star. I can look out my back door and see this exact picture. Aren't I blessed, with the reminders of God's love at these seasons.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We in this area are really blessed with such scenes as this. to look out your back door is indeed a blessing, thanks for reminding us.*

Robyn said...

Breath-taking!

Anonymous said...

hi Shelia thank you for posting such a beautiful picture of a solemn reminder....see you soon~Donna