Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pat is Back

I was so happy to see that Pat was back with her Saturday night challenge for this week. She has beautiful examples to show. We were to use flower soft, glitter, etc to embellish a card. I needed to make a 40th anniversary card for this weekend, so wanted to incorporate the two. Since it is a 40th anniversary I chose Ruby for the main colors. I used a digital image to print out the 3rd layer of the card, with Happy Anniversary as the sentiment. I chose Imaginations, Sonnets in cranberry to use as the 2nd layer and to make the flowers. I added a little thin ribbon just for a little more embellishment. I did take a picture of the center of the flowers to prove that I did use the flower soft. The picture of the card doesn't show it very well Thanks for checking in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, they will cherish it forever. Love the colors you chose. Your talents are unending.*

Pat said...

Gorgeous card!!

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY BELATED PINK SATURDAY MY PRECIOUS FRIEND,
I KEPT LOOKING FOR YOU ON THE LIST OF PINK SATURDAY'S AND I WOULD GO TO SOMEONE ELSE ON THE LIST AND THEN I GOT SO TIRED I WENT TO BED.
YOUR CARD IS STUNNING. YOU ARE VERY CREATIVE. THEY WILL LOVE THAT CARD.
HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?
I HAD TWO EPISODES YESTERDAY THAT LASTED 20 MINUTES THAT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE. I HAVE NOT BEEN TO MY EMAILS SINCE WEDNESDAY...IT IS PROBABLY JAMMED.
LOVE AND HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

mugsy said...

ab-so-lutely STUNNING......those flowers are fantastic....as well as the wonderful sentiment on the inside...

wendyp said...

Beautiful!!! Those flowers are stunning!

Anonymous said...

WOW this is one gorgeous card Shelia. The detail with the hand made flowers is just to die for and really makes the card special. I love the color too so rich!!!