Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can you see her?

Just a little post to catch up. Here is a picture of Miss Flossie Mae when she finally went out and checked out the snow. Well she really didn't get her paws wet, she walked along where the roof kept the snow off the deck, then moved to under one of the chairs. She doesn't think she likes it very much. She just don't understand all this hubbub over some wet, cold, white stuff.
Can you believe that Pat at Southern Breezes gave us two weeks to get our challenges finished. Well it is Tuesday, and I have already finished mine. Talk about not procrastinating, that is certainly me on this challenge. Well to tell the truth, I made the challenge the opportunity to finish out a little package I was making up for a friend. This is a CD calendar. I did not put the calendar behind the clear plastic, but taped it to the front, and then on the back did add just a plain piece of pattern paper, so you could not see the tape. The reason it ended up on top was because I kinda, sorta cracked it a little when taking it apart. But it turned out ok just the same. I made the little calendar by using a free template from somewhere and printed them, cut them and then bound them at the top with binding compound so they are stuck together like a little pad would be.
The last picture is of some little tidbits I put together for some gift bags, for some people that I am going to lunch with tomorrow. I don't actually work with them, but across the street, and they always include me in their little things, since I am the only woman in my office. They are special people. Included is some homemade pumpkin butter, an altered day planner, and a cone of hot cocoa mix with marshmallows. Thanks for visiting. My immediately family will be celebrating Christmas tomorrow night. Once they grow up and have families of their own, it is so hard to get together. But am blessed I have tomorrow, and everyone can be here. And one of my sons is even making his "out of this world" BBQ for our supper. I'll do the sides. It is some good BBQ.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I sure hope one of those jars of homemade pumpkin butter makes its way up to NJ!
Love your CD calendar! It's so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Is this Flossie Mae's 1st snow? The CD calendar looks great and the gift bags sure looks good on a cold winter day. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.*

Pat said...

Flossie will learn to love the snow as she gets older ;) Love the claendar and all the goodies! Instead of one jar, what's the chance of two jars making their way to NJ!

pam said...

love the calendar and the calendar card.....nice to have "special buttons".

yes, it is frigid here !! i am trying to remember why we left florida.....it escapes me now