Friday, March 21, 2008

First Day of Spring


Yesterday was the official first day of Spring. It has looked that way at my house in the Foothills of NC, for several weeks now. This is a picture I took today of some daffodils at my house. There was quite a breeze so the picture "moved" on me. I was thinking about the many names these flowers have here. Some call them daffodils, others call them Easter Lillies, and the older people call them March flowers. Take your pick, but I think I will just call them beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about daffodowndillies?? It's from a children's story, can't remember which one but it's my favorite name for them ever since reading the story when Heather was a baby. Very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Now if I can only remember to call them daffodowndillies!!!!!!!! What a cute name....



Wanda