Tuesday, March 18, 2008




"Where’s the Easter Bunny"



Here is the entry for SouthernBreezes Saturday night challenge. Pat said the rules were:
RULES FOR THE CHALLENGE....one container altered to become a brilliant new container for Easter treats or holiday chocolates! Be sure to take "before" and "after" pictures so we can see the transformation. It's okay to eat some of the goodies while you work *wink, wink* Have fun!!!



My husband loves cashews, so we always have bunches of these cans shoved up in a cabinet somewhere, falling out and hitting you on top of the head, when you open the cabinet door. He fusses, but I ignore. He uses them to put little nails and stuff in, is why we always kept them around, but Pat gave me a new reason to save even more of them, or a reason for him to eat more cashews.



I tried using a piece of 12x12 patterened paper, but it was too short to go around it, so I went to my wrapping paper tub and found this Easter wrapping paper.It worked perfectly. The eggs on top of the lid I cut out of some Easter napkins that I had stashed away, The ribbon I found in my ribbon remnant jar. This turned out to be a very economical little Easter treat container. The cute little peep is actually children’s bubbles. What child doesn’t enjoy blowing bubbles, heck what adult still doesn’t enjoy blowing bubbles? Thanks, Pat for this fun challenge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem with the paper but never thought about using wrapping paper!! duh!! Great tin! Way to go!! Thanks for playing!

Susan said...

Great job Sheila! I also had a "shortcoming" with the 12x12 paper. Just don't look at the back of my container! LOL!!!!!

Can't wait to see more of your stuff!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cute! And the Peep bubbles are too fun! I've never ever seen those!