Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday




Well I have made it to Wednesday, so am looking forward to the weekend already. I have been busy the last couple of nights, and have not had time to let the creative juices flow. So I thought I would share with you the view from my dining room window right now. They are calling for frost again tonight, so it will get what yesterdays low temps didn't already get. These are ornamental crab apples. The fruit is about the size of a small cherry. Everywhere there was a bloom a little crab apple forms, and dries, but does not fall from the trees. In late fall and early winter, the cedar wax wings bombard the trees, and have all the dried fruit eaten in the matter of days. There must be 75 to 100 birds at one time, feeding off these little dried apples. It is so much fun too watch. Maybe this fall I will be able to get a photo of them. Also maybe tomorrow, I will have something creative to post. Have a good day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now thats a beautiful sight you came up with. eating a meal and seeing that would be fantastic. keep it up.*

wanda said...

Only you would think of sharing this beautiful sight!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful view and it looks so peaceful!! and one of my favorite trees. Thanks for sharing this.