Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Name of Flower & Pat's Challenge


In Sunday's post I was asking for info on the above flower that was given to me. Richard Henley, graciously gave me the name. This is what he said, "The plant in the first picture is Obedient Plant (Physostegia virginiana). If you bend the stem it stays bent, hence obedient. It also is sometimes known as False Dragonhead." Thank you Dick, for that 2 year old question I have had. The link to his web page is www.daylilylane.com
This week Pat's challege had us framing something on our card. I used her example and used the rectangular nestie, and cut me out a frame. The little chicks were stamped on a white piece of CS along with the "chicks rule" sentiment. Then I put the white stamped piece underneath the red polka dotted frame. I previously had layered a plain white card with a piece of striped paper. I used the same red polka dot for the middle chick. Then just regular card stock for the other two and used the piecing technique on the chicks. I used little black twinkles for their eyes. I tried to use some different colored ribbon to make all the colors stand out and finished the bow off with a yellow button. I finished up by cutting down the ends of a little flower and attaching it to the larger chick, making a flower for her hair. Hope this one made you chuckle.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found out the name of the weed flower. your card is so cute always enjoy your creations. Good job.*

Robyn said...

How CUTE!!!! The chicks are so adorable! Love the colors, too!

Anonymous said...

Love the chicks - very creative and cheerful!

NoraAnne said...

Such a cute, cheerful card! Congrats!