Friday, December 5, 2008

I hope you have lots of time

I hope you have lots of time when you open this post. I'm afraid it will be a long one.
Pat gave us a challenge this week to use something recycled to make an album. She mentioned we would have lots of Thanksgiving pictures, so I used them. I had been going through old files and things at work and was getting ready to trash some old file folders, when that light came on, and I knew not to trash that gold mine. *wink*. I used the old file folders for the front, back, and inside pages. I used the excess scraps that was leftover from the fall projects that had not found their way back home yet. The cover symbolizes what I think Thanksgiving is all about. This next picture shows the little leaf buttons that I found in my stash of goodies. I just threaded them onto the rings. Well I had to ream the shank out a little with a bead reamer to enlarge the opening in the shank, so it would be large enough. The back side of the cover is the definition the dictionary gives. The next picture is of my sister and I getting things sit up at the fellowship hall before our families arrived. We were sharing memories about the ones that were no longer with us. I won't bore you with all the pages, but the next ones is showing the tables set up and the picture of the little treats I made for everyone. Everyone knows what happens after we eat all that food, you can tell in the next picture that nap time is almost there. In the next picture is my niece Jennifer Lynn (my namesake) and her husband Randy. Above the picture it says gratitude, family and blessings. I will now skip to the last pages of which is my favorite. As we were going home from our Thanksgiving we were in awe of the beautiful sunset, that the Lord blessed us with. What a awesome reminder of all that we are thankful for. This shot was taken between Blowing Rock and Lenoir. I am going to add another one for you to see that did not make its way into the album. Thanks Pat for the challenge. If you hadn't given us this one, these pictures may not have made it into a special book.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a thanksgiving to remember. What a great way to save memories. outstanding job.*

wanda said...

You really put the thoughts and work into your projects!!! Very impressive!!!!

Jamie Martin said...

Love this book! The papers and embellishments are wonderful, you did a great job :)

Robyn said...

I love it! The cover is gorgeous and so sentimental. Your pictures really capture your family enjoying the holiday and each other.
The picture of the sunset was a nice way to end the album....

Anonymous said...

What a great way to recycle and I love the idea of the theme Thanksgiving book.

Anonymous said...

You were up at 4 a.m. posting your entry?!?! Do you ever sleep?? Love the album!

Anonymous said...

Your album came out beautiful, Sheila--I esp. like the cover and how you used the leaf buttons. Seeing all the beautiful things you and Pat make out of "junk" is having a bad influence on me though. I am all ready a packrat--and now every time I go to throw out I think maybe there is something I can use this for!

Anonymous said...

very good..

Get More Details