Tuesday, December 30, 2008

January

I have 14 friends or family that are either celebrating birthdays or anniversaries in the month of January. I have 2 that are on the 2nd of January. I am showing you Marie's card today. She doesn't read my blog so it is safe to show it. Marie brought me the neatest gift by for Christmas. About 2 years ago we were at a mutual friends Birthday dinner at a local restaurant. We both started to sit our purses down, and we looked at each other at the same time and shook our heads no. Well she remembered that and bought me a pretty little thing, that you put on the edge of the table and hang your purse on it. It has the prettiest stone looking design on it. It meant so much because she remembered that day.


This card started out as a tag that I found as I was cleaning my craft room (really just moving stuff from one place to another). I found a scrap of coordinating DP and cut it in the same shape. I got some embossing powders from a special friend for Christmas so I decided it was the time to take that giant leap and try embossing. So this is the result. I punched out several different size flowers with my cricut then embossed some of them with the platinum and the others with the copper embossing powders. I rummaged through another drawer and found an acrylic M, the embossing didn't do as well on it, but I decided that it just gave the whole thing a vintage look. You think that will work? *wink* I attached the two flowers and the two layers of the card together with a brown brad along with a little sheer ribbon for accent. Attaching with the brad made it possible to open to the inside. I used the cricut to cut out the words Birthday Blessings. Thanks for spending a little piece of your Tuesday with me.

7 comments:

wanda said...

Beautiful card. Marie will be so pleased with it!!!

Robyn said...

WOW!!! This card is AMAZING! I love the vintage look. It's so unique!

I'm curious to learn more about the purse holder.....

Heather "Hev" said...

Very cool Shelia :)
Love it!

Anonymous said...

I Love it!!! It's different, unique and love the colors... Wonder if it could be used for a book marker.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, I could pick out your work anywhere.*

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is a fantastic card!! Lucky Marie! Can you show us the purse holder? Please, please, prety please *wink*

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Marie will be so pleased with it!!!

Get More Details