Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Christmas Card & Veteran's Day

I wish I knew how all you people came up with these cute little quirky titles to your daily post. Mine are just what they are, but anyway, I guess you have guessed that I will be sharing a Christmas card with you today. I wished I could say I have them all made, but that is far far from being truthful. I've got 3 out of about 75 finished. It's really beginning to look like purchased cards this year. I have always had them made and addressed by this time of year. It is all my DH's fault, he makes me fix him a meal every night. And then there is Pat, she has all these wonderful challenges and I can't just say no to participating*wink*wink* Oh well, I keep telling myself I am not going to get all stressed out about Christmas this year like all the years before. But I've said that for the last 36 years, and I haven't been calm yet, and really enjoy the season. Well enough of that, here is my card.
I like this woodsy nature looking card. The rub- on is by American Traditional Designs. The papers are just a hodge podge of scraps that I had leftover from another project. The yarn is used for plastic canvas and is made by Needloft.


Please remember all our Veteran's today. Here is a picture of my Daddy. He was just entering the Navy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a classic card, as are all your cards. Maybe Allan will fix your supper so you can get with it on the cards.:)*

Robyn said...

Pretty card! It's so 'classy' looking!
(And I agree, Pat's challenge are consuming a lot of my free time, too, but I'm so addicted, I don't want to NOT participate!)

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card and a great picture of your dad!

Anonymous said...

I am proud to be a Navy daughter too. To all veterans..we salute those on earth and in heaven. Shelia, great card..that would make a great "man" birthday card too.

Anonymous said...

You can't stress about getting the cards completed - tell Allan he will just have to do without supper for the next few weeks!

Anonymous said...

gr8 work

Get More Details