Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pat's Challenge

Hope everyone made it through Monday unscathed. It was a typical one where I work. I work for a company that does service work, and everything always tear up on the weekends. And of course, I was one of the weekend victims. My water heater had to be replaced this morning. But still have a leak because of the pressure on the line or something, so till the plumbers can come back tomorrow, we have had to turn it off. I am not a happy camper.

Pat's challenge this past Saturday was to do a layout and at least one stamp on it somewhere. I am making my mother for Christmas a month by month reminder book. The months were already in there and the pockets made. I will recover the cover, and do each month as I have this one. My mother is getting forgetful, so I hope this will help her on this hard journey she is facing. The people that have birthdays in that certain month, I am putting their pictures on the page that faces it. I put some homemade cards in the pocket, and will get some postage stamps later and put in it. On the left hand layout are the photos and I use stamps for two sentiments, and also the October stamp on the tab. Over on the date page, I wrote their names on the right date, and tried to use balloons and other things to symbolize what the occasion is. On October 31st, I used a stamp to recognize Halloween. Thanks Pat for challenging me to get started on this Christmas present. When I get the whole book completed I will show it too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom will be thrilled with this, what a great ideal sorry about the water heater.*

wanda said...

I need a daughter like you!!! Can you tell me where to find one???

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this idea. Only if I had a big enough family to do this with. I may have to make myself one for when the day I can remember people's birthday/ anniversary. BTW, I love your new layout. The three girls remind me of Amber, Alexia and Greer.

Robyn said...

What an awesome idea! Incorporating pictures is so much more personal than just seeing names written next to dates!
Hmmmm.....I might have to make one for my mother-in-law! She has 7 sons 7 daughter-in-laws, 17 grandchildren, 7 great grandchildren (with one on the way), plus her siblings....
Would make a nice Christmas present for her!
You always have such creative ideas...keep 'em coming! I always get so inspired from you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea Sheila! It is a very practical gift for an older person. It looks like your mom has a lot of special people to remember. Including their pictures is a really nice touch.

Hope you have water by the time you read this.