Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Holiday Cheer

It is hard for me to believe that next Thursday is Thanksgiving. It will soon be 2009. Time is passing way to fast. I am working on Christmas gifts. I really don't know what you would call this thing I made. :) I have bought several bottles of Scuppernong Cider. It is made not to far from where I live. Scuppernongs are a bronze colored grape. They are delicious right off the vine. I felt like I needed to dress the bottle up a little more then just tying a ribbon around it. I cut a 4 x 8 strip of patterned Christmas paper, then used my oval punch about 3/4 inch from the top. Then from the bottom of the punch I scored about 1/2 inch down and folded both scored lines. It fits right over the neck of the bottle. I used the cricut to cut the snowflakes out and adhered MS fine glitter to them. After gluing them on, I added little silver dots to the center of each snowflake. I added one more snowflake that I cut out of red paper with MS glitter on it to the edge of the tag. To that snowflake I put a little silver heart in the center. I faux stitched around the white layer with "Holiday cheer" printed on it. Since I did not have any red ribbon that didn't clash with the red reindeer, I decided to pick up the green in the paper. I punched hole in end of tag threaded a ribbon through it, and tied it on to the bottle neck. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies used: Reindeer patterned paper Basic Grey I think
Striped Christmas paper by Daisy D's
Snowflake Cricut (Accent Essentials Cartridge)
Glitter Martha Stewart
Ribbon from stash


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now thats a gift any one will love and such beautiful wrapping. outstanding! put me on your list!*

Jamie Martin said...

Very nice, great idea :)

Anonymous said...

really Gr8 Idea

Get More Details