Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Journey of Life

Pat's Saturday Night Challenge this week, has been so much fun. We were to make a shaped card. I thought about making a graduation cap, but then I realized I had been working on Graduation cards all week, and thought I needed to move on to something different. I had seen this little car a long time ago and saved it to a file. It did not have the door panels, or fenders drawn in, just the windows. Of course I cut it out of purple card stock, then drew in the lines where I thought the doors and fenders should be. I used blings for door handles, head lights, brake lights, and the hub caps. I layered vellum behind the windows, that had been stamped with a stamp by River City Rubber Works. (Isn't that just the cutest stamp) there is another woman in the back seat, you just can't see her. I then cut out the shape of the front of the card, and adhered it to the inside of the front, to hide the vellum. That is me in the back seat, pretending to be Miss Daisy, because I do not enjoy driving. *wink* Thanks Pat for such a fun project this week. I had to take the pictures tonight, and the lighting was terrible. The card looks 3 different colors.




And finally the inside of the card:

8 comments:

Pat said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity!! Since you don't like to drive and I do, that short crabby looking gal in the front must be me. And the hidden gal? could it be Dee? We must be headed to the beach!

Anonymous said...

What a great card, you are a creative genius. Every time I look at your cards they amaze me. Keep on keeping on.*

Karen said...

This is one of the cutest cards you have ever made...I love the color and the bug!! Can you make me that real car so that I can drive it around town. haha

Heather "Hev" said...

MARVELLOUS!! Such a fun and clever card :)

Anonymous said...

so cute Sheila! I'll stop by again soon. ~Donna

Robyn said...

This is so cute! I hope this means that you are getting ready for a road trip up to NJ!!!

pam said...

i love the people on the inside ! how verrrry clever of you !

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity!

Get More Details