Tuesday, June 23, 2009

That's What Friends (Family) Are For

I have some special friends whose parents adopted me into their family about 20 years ago. They always include me and Allan in all the get together's and anything that is going on. Well Becky and Jeff have been saving all their Altoid Tins for me. And I mean Jeff goes through a bunch of them. I think altering these tins is my favorite paper crafting project, and they make it very economical for me. So I figured it was about time, I made them something with them. They ride Harleys so I tried to incorporate that into their altered tins. This is what I came up with. I made little first aid kits for them to put in the saddle bags. We all know there is limited space on a bike to store things. I included band aids, anti-itch cram, alcohol prep pads, pain reliever, neosporin, and anti acids, and you can always use chap stick. I printed out the Biker's Prayer and put it on the inside of the lid. We want them to stay safe. On Becky's tin, I added a little bow to the front. The last picture is of Becky and Jeff in Hawaii on a Biker's Get- A- Way.


8 comments:

wanda said...

Wow!!! They will love them.

Karen said...

Girl...we are trying to tell you that you are in the WRONG BUSINESS!! This crafting business is your niche, you crafty person you!!!

Pat said...

These are gorgeous!! You definitely need to be in the crafting business! Go for it!

Robyn said...

Your altered tins are beautiful! So thoughtful of you to make them (and I love how you included the Biker's Prayer on the inside).
You always amaze me! And you've inspired me to pull out ALL the altoid tins my dad has given me. I think I'll make some bicycle first aid kits for my kids...especially since CJ just fell off her bike earlier today and had nothing to treat her boo-boo with!

mugsy said...

not only cute, but practical as well !!

Heather "Hev" said...

Fabulous idea Shelia :)

Besides being practical they look fabulous!

Perhaps you could let Harley know of the idea and sell them the rights :) I think every bike should have one!

Sheila said...

Oh wow.....that is just a brilliant, brilliant idea.
Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! They will love them.

Get More Details