Friday, June 12, 2009

A Prune

I don't know about the rest of you,but in this part of the world, we have been having daily thunderstorms. Lots and lots of rain. I am beginning to feel like a shriveled up prune, but then my DH just informed me, that wasn't what it was, it was my age. How dare him. *wink*


Pat's Saturday Night Challenge, was to use up some scraps that was from some of your last projects. I had been making graduation cards, and really didn't have many scraps just laying out. And I had cleaned my desk up Saturday evening. For some reason when I need white card stock. I always grab a new sheet, instead of searching through my scraps. I had seen a similar ideal awhile back, and thought this would be the perfect time to use it. Plus since I was running out of time, it would be a quick one. I used the Cricut, Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge to cut out the trees and the little birdhouse. I used a Bic Mark It to just outline the little birdhouse in blue. I had a piece of white thread that was holding the tag on a new piece of clothing, laying on the desk, so I used it to hang the birdhouse from the tree branch. I used dimensional dots to attach one of the trees. Next time I will make the trees different sizes. I think that would help the looks of the card a lot. Thanks for letting me share.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a clever way to highlight the bird house. simple but oh so elegant.

Karen said...

Oh how dare DH...wait til I see him...

Carolyn King said...

very cool....love the pop of the birdhouse!

lots of storms and rain at night here too---I might be old too! lol!

Pat said...

So cool!! Love the bright blue birdhouse!!

Pat said...

Hmmm...should we remind DH hat he ain't no spring chicken *wink*

Corina said...

Wow. So elegant!! Gotta love the tree and birdhouse combo. Great minds think alike, LOL! ;D

pam said...

i love using just white with a spark of blue...peaceful....and sort of hopeful at the same time.

Anonymous said...

very cool

Get More Details