Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Beautiful Sunday Morning

It is a beautiful morning here in the foothills of NC. Yesterday was a little hot, at 4 PM I looked at thermometer and it said 95. And that thermometer isn't in the direct sun, it is sheltered some. I didn't get too creative yesterday, cleaned up all of remnants of last week projects. Now I can start the new week with a clean desk. Well it stays that way for 1 day. I reorganized some of my stuff, basically moved them from one place to another, Always when I do that, I find something I forgot I had. I was sweeping off the front porch yesterday morning and realized I did not have a wreath on my door, so down to the basement I went to see what bits and pieces I could come up with. I first saw the blueberry wreath, so decided I would use it, then dug in all my silk flowers and decided I liked the blue with the yellows. I found the little butterfly in my upstairs stash of stuff along with the raffia. Out came the reliable glue gun, and the playing began. In about 30 minutes I had it hanging on the door.

Hey, I could have had blueberry pancakes this morning, what was I thinking.


"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It's what sunflowers do." by Helen Keller

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But if you had had blueberry pancakes we would not have this beautiful wreath to look at. just have some strawberries and cereal.:)*

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT......YOU COULD HAVE A SIDE BUSINESS SHELIA.