Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Can you Believe This?

Can you believe today is only Tuesday and I am already posting Pat's Saturday night challenge. I am usually lucky to get it in by 9:55 on Wednesday nights. This was a fun challenge. We were to either make a card or layout, and use flock on it. Of course, I used the crushed velvet flock in LILAC. My favorite color. My hostas are blooming now, and they were the inspiration of my note card. I downloaded the prints from karenswhimsy.com/free-flower-clip-art.htm. I used the lilac flock to emphasize the purples on the flowers. You can see the flock the best on the close up of the pansy. While I had all the mess out, I decided to make a little set of these. Heather at http://onelittlespark.typepad.com/, was inspiring us to get a head start on our Christmas gifts, so I took her advice. There are three different flowers, and I made 2 of each. What more could I want in a challenge, the color purple and flowers. Hope they make you smile!

5 comments:

wanda said...

You just keep getting better and better. Love the colors. They are also my favorite colors.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful lay out, you just keep on amazing me, these should be framed and hung on a wall. they did make me smile knowing you had such a good time doing these.*

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

I love pansies....creative work Ms. Shelia....keep it up.

Jen D. said...

What a great set of cards!
Love how you accented the flowers with the flocking powder.