Thursday, July 10, 2008

Heather's Friday Spark

Heather's Spark for this past week, was to make something using patterned paper. When I read her challenge I was working on making a program for my sister's 40th wedding anniversary reception and vow renewal. So it came altogether, when she posted her post. The colors that my other sister and I are using for the reception are, white, black and ruby. I could not find the paper I wanted to use for these, so I ended up printing the front of the program on my computer, I found the pattern on a program I have by the name of "Scrapbook Factory Deluxe". I used Verona Marble Linen paper to print both the front and back of the program on. The marbling effect is in a muted black. I found this paper and also the adhesive seals at Staples. The seals look like the old wax seals that they used to use. These have two enter twined hearts, and are the ruby color that represents the 40th anniversary. Then I composed the order of service and put a red border around each panel. I scored between each panel and folded it so the two sides would come together in the middle. A seal was added to where they come together, finishing it off. I will be printing 150 of these, front and back, scoring and folding, before July 26th. Thanks Heather for the challenge, and hope everyone has a good weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful ivitations!

Anonymous said...

I Love this idea.very elegant..but my question is...I want the name of your maid? (haha) Because I know between work, watering flowers, grand-children, crafts, and everything else you do, you must have a secret maid hanging around and I know its NOT Allan. I want to know your secret Shelia!!!

wanda said...

Gorgeous!!! Very professional!! Your sister owes you.

Anonymous said...

Again you have out done your self, the great ideals just keep on coming. Congratulation on being the guest designer for August, you deserve it. I'm so proud of you.*

Anonymous said...

This is SO pretty! The paper is gorgeous! Thanks for playing and "sharing your spark!"