Monday, August 25, 2008

Pat's Challenge





Pat's Saturday Night Challenge was to make a card with layers. I love the card challenges. The base card is purple textured card stock. I used a pair of the scalloped scissors to cut the front of the card about 1.25 inch shorter then the back. That way the paper that I layered on the inside of the card shows. The next layer is a printed piece on the front of the card. Then came a little strip about 1/4 inch from the bottom that is the same as the background in the previous layer. Next came a piece of purple that matches the purple in the patterned paper below it and also matches the paper on the inside of the card that is exposed. I then layered my sentiment on the front. On the inside of card, I used a rub on sentiment (does that count as a layer?). Then finished it off with a green ribbon that has shades of purple dots on it to the edge of the inside of the card where it is exposed. After I had made the pictures, (which shows all flaws,) I realized that the little band that I put near the bottom didn't show up very well. I went back and added a little heart, to the left of the sentiment that matches the angel's dress. The last picture shows the heart. My DH told me I should have left it off. Oh well, to late now.

I love the sentiment on the front. I personally have experienced this kind of gift from an angel.

Hope everyone has their Monday morning smiles on. I drew mine on with lipstick. :)

Supplies used: Textured Cardstock: by Imagine That
All other papers by: Provo Scrap/Soft Serenity
Ribbon from my ribbon jar
Sentiment on front from: Inspirations
Sentiment on inside: Rub-on by Inspirations

5 comments:

wanda said...

Beautiful card!! As usual a lovely job.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!!

Dawn said...

This is really pretty!

Anonymous said...

And again a very beautiful card and the heart is just the right touch.*

Jen D. said...

What a beautiful card Shelia! Love the colors and the ribbon. So soft and feminine.